December 09, 2019 by jas
All caregivers are heroes
“Heroes…ordinary individuals who find the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” ~ Christopher Reeve
We support caregivers, especially those who care for loved ones with dementia diseases.
We encourage becoming lifelines for one another!
Let yourself ‘feel good’ for the time you are here. Allow this time for respite, a mental escape, when you cannot physically go anywhere else.
Please note, this is not a medical site, nor a ‘how-to’ site for caregivers. Authors share experiences that will unmask the unfamiliar in the world of caregiving.
Real-life stories from those who have walked the path, as well as those still on their journey, help caregivers find common threads and meaning in their life.
1. Help to clarify misunderstandings related to Alzheimer’s disease through our anecdotes, narratives, accounts, and thought-provoking true stories.
2. Spotlight the education available, as well as the kindness, compassion, and love that exists among those living in the world of caregiving.
3. Assure caregivers they are not alone, that others just like them also are hoping for the connections that bind caregivers together.
“Every caregiving experience is different, but behind every caregiver story is a moment —a moment when you realize that the care and love you are called to provide can’t help but change you in every way possible.”
~ Donna Thomson, Zachary White, The Unexpected Journey of Caring
My wish for this blog/site is that it will provide comfort, offer information, share experiences and verbal hugs of encouragement during moments before the discovery that there is meaning and purpose in all the love and care you provide, which comes just before you discover how your life is changing.
Overview of site – 1,2,3 & 4:
1. CAREGIVER THOUGHTS & EXPERIENCES
See All Titles. Browse stories, articles, educational resource links, caregiver tips. Discover support suggestions.
2. GUEST AUTHORS
There are so many of us giving care to loved ones, and, in a variety of circumstances. Our caregiving lives ‘look’ nothing alike. Therefore, I have loved reading about the experiences of other caregivers, understanding the heart that they put into their own lives and stories. I am so grateful for our Guest Authors.
3. INTROCUDING CAREGIVER BOOKS
…the series Accepting the Gift of Caregiving, Part One, Is There Any Ice Cream? Surviving the Challenges of Caregiving for a Loved One with Alzheimer’s, Anxiety and COPD, (2019) includes initially learning and activities we were in to stay healthy and socially involved in life.
Part Two, Did You Hide the Cookies? Inescapable Heartaches of Caregiving for My Love with lzheimer’s, Anxiety, and COPD, where I reveal the later years of our journey…my resistance, my acceptance …published August 21, 2020.
(1) you find personal experiences are as important as ‘lists’ of ‘do this or that,’ and
(2) you feel experiences are a way of learning about the world of caregiving, then
(3) you will resonate with the emotional stories of our journey, as they help you ease into the caregiver you never intended to become. ~jas
Visit the book page.
4. Encouraging READERS TO SUPPORT two local organizations that are essential to every caregiver’s well being.
Acclaim Health– Oakville, Ontario
The work of these two local dementia and Alzheimer related and community health organizations have been instrumental in our life related to memory loss and the associated aging issues caregivers come to know well.
PLEASE, if you have been supported by the services of these groups, or in some way your life was touched in a meaningful way, please, consider a donation.
We visit this blog daily 🥰 Leave a note to tell me you stopped by!
Come back soon!
“About” Copyright © 2019 Judith Allen Shone