July 8. 2020 © Judith Allen Shone
One thing most caregivers have learned is that we need as much reassurance as we can get! 🙂 We recognize that support, encouragement, insights and tips learned from others provide the confidence to sustain us all through our journeys.
Caregivers are bright! We learn quickly by necessity. We learn in classes or through coping with our own daily situations, but our biggest support comes from what we have learned from other caregivers, our own lifeline system! Be sure you find such lifelines for your journey.
We learn from each other
- by exchanging caregiving tips with one another – please share yours!
- by taking classes from Alzheimer Society – ‘those who know’
- from reading ongoing research online
- from listening to podcasts and watching videos
- from asking our medical providers questions
- from memory clinic visits
- from support groups and being social together
- share your favourite learning place in the comments below.
Share your caregiver tips so others will have them in their toolbox…
TAKE TIME NOW . . . write down your tip . . .
💕 ‘Then, come on down and share your tip‘ 🥰 in the comment section below.
It won’t be seen until it is monitored.
Caregiver Tips can be brief or have more detail, as the telling of it requires! Your 150-200 word contribution will be posted, either signed or attributed with initials, your choice. See those already there.
(1) Write me an EMAIL and tell me category where you would like it to appear…OR
(2) Write your comment in the field at the end of the page (you will sign in to WordPress, no fees)
An example might be this item on shaving, listed under Grooming.
EXAMPLE: Shaving: I had to learn to shave a man’s face. I do it every other day now. I never had done it before. Luckily, My Love was able to tell me how to do it. I found I could use an electric razor best, but he still used his blade when I was finished…until he could no longer do it. I am glad he was able to teach me before he no longer could. ~ Jas, spouse-caregiver
Read CAREGIVER TIPS other caregivers have submitted
Caregivers have suggested numerous areas of interest. 😊 If your tip fits in a new category, we will add a new category! Next: go to Caregiver Tips page.
💖 Thank you for stepping up to support caregivers.
Click on image to go to your email program to send ‘sign up email.‘
Thank you. Judith Allen Shone
“Sharing Our Knowledge” © 2020 Judith Allen Shone
Background art for Sharing Our Knowledge image by @MitrushovaArt from Etsy