…with Recent Studies and Information
The RSS Feed page offers the recent research and papers from the listed organizations. The titles show up with links and are updated by the organizations when they post.
You can browse topics of interest. There are never more than five topics listed. Older topics get removed from the list on our page when new topics are listed. However, older topics are still available on the site of the originator.
Alzheimer’s and Dementia Weekly is one of the organizations listed and updates their listings quite often in a week.
ADW supplied the following list of suggestions for when considering your relationship with those with memory loss.
‘THOUGHT OF THE WEEK‘ –
REMEMBER THOSE WITH ALZHEIMER’S
“10 Requests From a Person With Alzheimer’s”
- Please be patient with me. Remember that I have an organic brain disease for which I have no control.
- Talk to me, even though I cannot always answer you. I can hear your voice and sometimes comprehend your words.
- Be kind to me. For each day of my life is a long and desperate struggle. Your kindness may be the most special and important event of my day.
- Consider my feelings for they are still very much alive within me.
- Treat me with dignity and respect as I would have gladly treated you.
- Remember my past for I was once a healthy, vibrant person, full of life, love and laughter with abilities and intelligence.
- Remember my present. I am a fearful person who misses my family and home very much.
- Remember my future, though it may seem bleak to you. I am always filled with hope for tomorrow.
- Pray for me for I am a person who lingers in the mists that drift between time and eternity. Your presence may do more for me than any other outreach of compassion you can extend to me.
- Love me. The gifts of Love you give will be a blessing from which both our lives will be filled with light forever.
Stay Updated (c) 2020 Judith Allen Shone